Following on from a questionnaire some of our customers completed, the CRB is now currently working with the Home Office; the Independent Safeguarding Authority and other government departments to develop and deliver a new online update service.
The new service will allow an employer, with the individual’s consent, to carry out an online status check to find out if further relevant criminal information has been identified regarding the individual since a CRB check was last carried out.
Key Findings from the online questionnaire:
- 229 Organisations completed the online questionnaire, providing a representative sample of 41% of current CRB check volumes (1,625,073 applications).
- 67% of organisations stated that they are likely to use the service.
- 68% of organisations currently undertake re-checks at least once every three years.
- 73% of organisations say they would be willing to use the service if the cost is less than or equal to their current re-check costs.
- 78% of organisations will encourage volunteers to use the service if it is free of charge.
- 68% say they will strongly encourage new employees to use the service.
- 58% say they will strongly encourage existing employees to use the service
i. 23% will encourage this from day one
ii. 47% will encourage this in the first 12 months
iii. 45% will encourage this when the recheck is due
- Over 50% of organisations will undertake status checks at least once a year
- 88% will request a new certificate where an update indicates new information exists
We will be providing updates on this service through our customer newsletter and website.