Many people may think that having a job such as a Locksmith, you wouldn’t require a DBS check as most of the time you may not be dealing with children or vulnerable adults and you may think it’s an unnecessary expense ... here’s why you’re wrong.
- If you’re a member of the Master Locksmiths Association (MLA) it is required that you have a DBS check to register and work under them as a trusted locksmith.
- You may be working in houses with children or vulnerable adults or business such as Nurseries and Care Holmes which may require a recent DBS check from you.
- You will statistically more likely to be trusted if you are a DBS checked locksmith and therefore may obtain more business because of this.
- You may be trusted to handle the keys to a business or household and therefore the owner will require a DBS check for peace of mind.
- You may be contracted to a hospital or school who will require a DBS check as you will be working in a situation where people are vulnerable.
- If you’re working on a specified site for once a week or more, 4 days or more in a single month or overnight you will qualify for a standard or enhanced DBS check and it may be required from the site owner. To see the eligibility list click here.
For more information about DBS checks for Locksmiths or how to apply call one of our advisors on 01254 355688.