Digital Content Designer
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Personnel Checks is a leading, national safeguarding organisation, committed to delivering bespoke service packages to clients across the UK to fulfil our mission of creating a safer society.
We're looking for a creative thinker and designer who will bring professionalism, consistency and modernity to their work. The role ideally suits a graduate, or someone who has recently undertaken a qualification in design or media and wants to pursue a career creating.
The purpose of this Digital Content Designer role is to;
- Create digital content for a variety of online platforms
- Create offline (print-based) collateral
- Ensure all designs are of the highest standard and are consistently in line with our core values, messaging and design standards as outlined in our Brand Book
- Run email and social media campaigns
- Ensure all content contains industry-specific information and is in line with marketing objectives
As Digital Content Designer your role will include;
- Taking direction from a written or spoken brief before converting ideas into images, layouts and designs
- Working on a variety of digital platforms such as emails, blogs, web pages and social media platforms
- Producing high quality and engaging video, animation and motion graphics to support regular marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Suggesting your own ideas for new content types
- Interpreting design briefs and recommending formats which deliver first class customer experience whilst considering website analytics such as page load times and cross device customer journeys
- Optimising asset creation for website (with mobile-first approach but high consideration for desktop and tablet), email, social media and any other display marketing activities
- Managing email marketing campaigns & content creation
- Managing social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a regular basis. Further details can be obtained on request.
The ideal Digital Content Designer must;
- Be a creative thinker with diligent time management and the ability to organise and prioritise multiple projects in a busy deadline oriented environment
- Be Adobe CS Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Have great layout, typography, illustration and image manipulation skills
- Have an understanding or willingness to learn systems such as basic HTML/CSS coding, Sketch, Invision and DotMailer
- Have the ability to combine commerciality and creativity
- Have a passion for modern design ideas and techniques and motivated to keep up to date on changes and new products/trends within the industry
- Be a proactive team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Respond well to late changes in briefs
The Digital Content Designer will benefit from:
- A thorough on-boarding and induction programme
- Further training and development program in Adobe Cloud
- Working with off-site developers, using their expertise and direction to explore new techniques/programs
- The opportunity to develop the role and specialise in other areas of web design & development
- Working within a nationally recognised, people-centric employer who has achieved Investors in People Gold status
- Competitive salary based on experience, team bonus schemes and generous holiday allowance
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly recognition rewards as well as corporate & social days
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Content Designer looking to join an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and to be instrumental in its growth journey towards becoming the number one safeguarding organisation in the country.
A people-centric organisation, Personnel Checks has been awarded Gold Investors in People status and therefore place huge importance on the development and wellbeing of their employees. You will benefit from the support and expertise of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues and the opportunity to enhance your career.
Part of the recruitment process will include a competency based exercise. You will be given a brief and the organisation’s Brand Guidelines in preparation.
For further information, please contact Amy for a confidential discussion on 01254 239363 or apply online.