How to Complete a DBS Application Form
Here’s a quick guide to completing your DBS Check application form to help ensure your application can be processed as quickly as possible.
Logging in to your account:
1. To log in to your application, visit https://personnelchecks.employmentcheck.org.uk/login and choose “Login” from the list of options on the left-hand side.
2. Enter your username and password. You should have received an email from '[email protected]' containing login details. We recommend copying and pasting the username and password from the email to avoid any typos or errors.
If you have not yet received an email from [email protected] with these details, ensure you check your junk or spam folders, or contact us on 01254 355651.
3. Once logged in, you’re required to read the Terms and Conditions and select ‘Yes’ if you agree to them
Filling in the Application:
1. Select 'My Applications' from the list on the left-hand side of the screen, then select ‘Start Application’ from the ‘Actions’ column
2. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed in order to submit your application. National Insurance Number doesn’t have an asterisk – this field is not mandatory
3. Some fields have already been completed for you, please ensure that these fields contain the correct information exactly as it is found on your I.D. documents.
For example, if your first name is Johnathon but the first name field on your application says ‘John’, please contact Personnel Checks directly and ask for this to be changed in order to avoid delays to your application
4. When entering your date of birth, choose the drop-down list to see a range of years. Choose the range of years which includes your year of birth, and then choose the specific year, then month and day.
5. It’s important that you ensure the information already entered in ‘details of position’ section is correct. If this information is incorrect, please contact Personnel Checks on 01254 355651 to amend.
If incorrect information is submitted on your application, you will need complete the application form again and you will be charged accordingly
5. Fields titled 'Flat Number', 'House/Building Name' and 'House/Building Number’ do not contain an asterisk (*), however, at least one of these fields must be completed per address. This will depend on the type of building for each address (flat or house).
Here’s an example of how this might be completed below:
6. If you haven’t changed your name since birth, you don’t need to fill in the ‘Additional Personal Details’ section.
7. When you’re sure you have completed all the necessary fields and checked all the information is correct, press ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page
8. You may be presented with the following message when you click ‘continue’ at the bottom of the Details Section. If you do not have a middle name, press ‘continue’. If you do, press ‘cancel’ and ensure you go back and input your middle name into the ‘Applicant Information’ section before selecting ‘Continue’.
Please ensure this section includes your address history from the past 5 years. If your current address has been the same for the last 5 years, please press continue.
However, if you have lived at any other addresses in the last 5 years, please enter this information along with the relevant dates by choosing the ‘+ Add Address’ option. The application cannot be processed if there are gaps in your address history dates.
If you have any history of name changes in your lifetime, you are required to give information of this here, with dates during which the names were used.
However, if you have never changed your name in your lifetime, you can leave this section blank and click ‘continue’.
In this section, you’re required to read all the information very carefully and ensure that all the fields are correct, checking carefully for any typos.
If you find any incorrect information, scroll to the bottom and click ‘back’ until you reach the section you’d like to make changes to. Select ‘continue’ when amended. Remember to double check any changes you’ve made when you reach the confirmation section again.
You must ensure you tick ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to any previous criminal convictions.
You must also ensure you tick all boxes in the ‘Applicant Consent and Declaration’ section.
When you are sure that you’ve done all the above correctly, select ‘Submit Application’.
If you require any further help when completing the application form please do not hesitate to call our Applicant support line on 01254 355651 or email [email protected]