Safer Recruitment Training
Fusion provides cost-effective training courses which are cutting edge in both content and delivery. Their tailor-made training solutions help employees develop essential skills and knowledge. The training will also provide them with the confidence to utilise these skills in their workplace.
Safer Recruitment 1 day Course
With this accredited training course, you will gain the safeguarding skills you need to better protect children while recruiting staff and volunteer roles in education. Safer Recruitment looks at what you need to do, in order to safeguard children and young people from unsuitable individuals who might apply to join your organisation.
The course covers the recruitment process through four concise learning modules, including job interviews and vetting checks, and the importance of ongoing vigilance.
There are a variety of interactive learning methods utilised in this one day course:
- Teaching pages
- Film and audio clips
- Reflective tasks
- Activities and quizzes
- Certificate issued upon completion.
Cyber-bullying Taster Session – Half-Day workshop
This session will be based around the Revised Ofsted Common Inspection Framework (CIF) and Effective Safeguarding and will cover:
- Prevent Duty Radicalisation/Extremism Channel – referral process Promotion of British Values Challenging extreme views/ideology – counter narratives
- Cyberbullying and E-Safety Online Risks Social Media Grooming/Sexual Exploitation
- Strategic Management Policies, Procedures Risk Assessment, Action Plans
Safeguarding and Single Central Register Ofsted Requirements – Two hour session
Do you have the knowledge and confidence that your Single Central Register is up-to-date and compliant with Ofsted requirements? Up-to-date information and knowledge related to safeguarding under Ofsted’s revised Common Inspection Framework (CIF) September 2015 will assist your organisation’s preparation for inspection.
The session will:
- Clarify what’s mandatory and what’s optional on a Single Central Register
- Provide advice on gathering information for pre-employment vetting checks.
- Detail what must be done by schools in relation to disqualification by association
- Explain what Ofsted are looking for when inspecting safeguarding in maintained schools, academies and early years’ settings in relation to staff, documentation and policies and procedures.
Safeguarding Qualification (QCF 600/6795/0) Understanding the Safeguarding and Wellbeing of Children and Young People – 1-day
This qualification is aimed at frontline workers in Education, Health & Social Care, Community Workers or anyone who comes into contact with children and their families.
The qualification will focus on:
- Action required to promote children’s welfare & protect them from harm
- Instilling confidence to identify concerns, share information & take prompt action
- Clarifying your role & the roles of organisations/agencies who collaborate to share the responsibility for safeguarding
Your staff will benefit from a greater awareness and increased confidence in being able to provide appropriate care and welfare, identify areas of concern and understand how to apply Safeguarding with recruiting. Since September 2014, Ofsted now reports on ‘Effectiveness of Safeguarding Arrangements’ - this will impact on your grade awarded for: Effectiveness of Leadership and Management.
Other training courses FusionHR provides include:
- Managing Grievances (including management of investigations)
- How to Manage Employee Conduct and Behaviour Effectively Managing Disciplinaries
- Key Skills to Effectively Managing People
- Change Management
- Conducting Risk Assessments Equality and DiversityManaging Family Leave
- Managing Safety - IOSH Accreditation
- Update on changes to STPCD 2016/17
- Introduction to Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Effectively managing attendance
You can view the full list here!
For more information on how to book onto these cost-effective, tailormade training courses, please give us a call on 01254 355688