Personnel Checks can assist your employees to register for the Update Service when they next apply for a DBS check, which means you may never need to wait for another DBS check again!
What is the Update Service?
For a small annual fee (free for Volunteers) an individual can have their DBS certificate kept up-to-date and take it with them from role to role, where the same type and level of check is required.
This means when you come to renewing your employees DBS Checks or take on new staff, you won't need to wait for their application to be processed again. You can simply carry out a status check to find out if any criminal information has appeared on the applicants' check since their last DBS application.
How will this benefit your business?
If your applicant registers to the Update Service, there is no need to have their check renewed.
For best practice purposes, we find that most of our customers renew their staff’s DBS checks annually. It can be costly for larger organisations to ensure they are fully aware of any new or recent criminal activity on their staff’s record.
If all of your employees are registered with the Update Service, there is no need to renew their DBS Checks, as you can simply check on the DBS’s website if anything has changed on the applicants’ certificate since it was printed.
Benefits to you:
- Instant online checks of DBS certificates
- No more DBS application forms to fill in
- You may never need to apply for another DBS check for an employee again
- Less bureaucracy
- Save you time and money
- Enhances safeguarding processes and may help to reduce risks
- Easy to incorporate into existing suitability decision-making processes
Benefits to your employees:
- One DBS certificate is all they may ever need
- No more applications forms to complete
- In control of their DBS certificate
If an applicant wants to join the Update Service they can do so within 19 calendar days of their DBS certificate issue date.
When the subscription is confirmed we will make note of the applicants’ unique ID reference number and keep it secure.