Personnel Checks are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Cooke & Mellor Recruitment Limited t/as Cummins Mellor Recruitment, Milnshaw House, 161 Whalley Road, Accrington, BB5 1BX
Information we may collect from you;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, www.personnelchecks.co.uk This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, ordering any products or services described on our site, posting any information or material or requesting further services
- Information that you provide when you report any problem with our site
- Any correspondence that you have with us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, that we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you from time to time about any changes to any products and/or services that you have requested
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- With your prior agreement
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data: (i) in order to comply with any legal obligation; (ii) in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or any contracts formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you to our site for the supply of our e-bulk CRB check service; or (iii) in order to protect the rights, property or safety of Cooke and Mellor Recruitment Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
We do not intend to process personal data collected from you for marketing purposes. If we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes, we will obtain your prior agreement.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.