Having vigorous safeguarding policies and best practice awareness training in place is cruical when operating a taxi service transporting children, vulnerable adults and the general public.
Personnel Checks have been working in partnership with licensing teams, to develop a comprehensive training programme for councils, reinforcing the importance of safeguarding. The new framework will be launched at the event;
Safeguarding for the Taxi Licensing Industry
Wednesday 18th May
Manchester Central Library
10am - 3pm
This new framework is part of the bespoke taxi+ product and has been introduced to reinforce the importance of safeguarding in the Taxi Licensing process, highlighting;
- The need to protect vulnerable adults, young people and children
- Identifying possible victims of abuse and exploitation by understanding indicators of risk
- Identifying sources of advice and pathways for reporting concerns
- Drivers understanding their role and responsibilities in relation to personal safety and security
To book your place at this FREE safeguarding event, simply complete the registration form and take advantage of everything on offer to you and your licensing teams;
- ‘Safeguarding for the Taxi Industry’
Advice on handling vulnerable passengers, awareness of human trafficking and child sexual exploitation (CSE).
- The changing face of the DBS
An update on the DBS, what’s new and what the changes could mean for you and your drivers.
- Introduction to taxi+
A professional, flexible and FREE taxi licensing service developed by councils... for councils! Getting drivers 'application ready' by taking care of DBS checks, DVLA checks, right to work checks, ID verification, licensing requirement screening, the renewals process and much more! Find out more about taxi+
- The effects of outsourcing pre-license checks
Hear from councils currently utilising outsourcing services and how this has revolutionised their licensing process.
- Networking opportunity
Meet and chat with other Licensing Managers and Officers to share thoughts and ideas on how your licensing process could be made even better!