Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Driver Licences – High Peak Borough Council
How to apply for your Enhanced DBS Check & DVLA Check
Personnel Checks has been contracted by High Peak Borough Council to facilitate Enhanced DBS & DVLA checks for their Hackney Carriage & Private Hire (Dual) Driver Licence applicants.
As part of the licensing process, it is essential that a full Enhanced DBS Disclosure and DVLA checks are completed prior to the badge being issued. If you have any queries regarding your application for a licence to drive Hackney Carriage and Private Hire vehicles, email [email protected].
To begin the process, please ensure you meet the requirements below:
New applicant requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years of age and have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and have the following original documents
- Current British Passport
- Current EEA Passport
- Home office registration certificate document or document certifying permanent residence
- Permanent residence card
- Biometric residence permit
- Current passport endorsed to show exemption from immigration control, indefinite residence, right of abode or no time limit on staying in the UK
After DBS Certificate:
- Enrol on a safeguarding training course provided by the local authority
- Undertake a Knowledge Test
- Enrol on a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi or Private Hire Driver or the NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Road Passenger Vehicle Driving (Taxi and Private Hire)
- Your licence will only be issued for 1 year and will not be renewed if you do not complete the BTEC or NVQ course
- You must provide an independent medical certificate equivalent to group 2 on the prescribed form
For further information you may need in order to apply for your taxi badge, please click here.