Buy Basic Disclosures Online (Individuals and Companies)
Buy Basic DBS Checks Online
- Results in as little as 24 Hours
- 5 star applicant support
- No registration or setup fees
What is a Basic Disclosure?
Sometimes referred to as a Basic DBS check or basic criminal record check, a Basic Disclosure is carried out by the DBS for people living or working in England or Wales. For those living or working in Scotland, this check will be completed by Disclosure Scotland.
A basic disclosure will search for any unspent convictions and conditional cautions on an individual's criminal history in order to make an informed hire and prevents the hiring of unsuitable candidates around vulnerable groups.
How to Apply for a Basic Disclosure
Employers – applying for Basic Disclosures on your staff
You can call us on 01254 355688 to order your checks or purchase online.
- Once we have obtained some company details and your applicants’ names, we will send the applicants an email with a username and password. This will allow them to log into our secure website to complete and submit their application form online.
- The applicant must then present 2 ID documents to a nominated ‘ID Verifier’ within your business, who is required to log into our secure website and confirm which documents have been seen and verified.
- The application is then sent to be processed and the certificate is usually dispatched within a week.
It is standard practice for the Basic Check certificate to be issued to the applicant’s home address. However, with their consent, we can make arrangements for the certificates to be issued to an employer at a separate address if required.
A Basic Disclosure is not job-specific and can be used more than once.
Individuals – applying for a check on yourself
In order to apply for a Basic Disclosure through Personnel Checks, you can call us on 01254 355688 or purchase the application online
- We'll send you an application form by email to complete which takes approximately 5 minutes
- You'll then be asked to send Personnel Checks photocopies of 2 identity documents that have been verified by a Post Office. The Post Office charge £12.75 for this service (further instructions about this process will be sent to you)
- Once we receive your documents, your application will then be processed by the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
What Does a Basic Disclosure Show?
All applications for a Basic Disclosure check are processed through the Police National Computer (PNC) and the Scottish Criminal History System (CHS) in search for any details of convictions considered “unspent” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.