The Update Service: A Year On
It has been a year since the DBS introduced the Update Service which lets applicants keep their DBS certificates up to date and allows employers to check a certificate online.
Since then, 187,000 applicants have subscribed and over 200 certificate status changes have occurred encouraging applicants to apply for a new certificate.
Over 216,000status checks have been carried outas more and more employees begin to appreciate the time and money saved and this number is growing every day.
Improvements made to the update service after receiving feedback from applicants;
Some people surveyed said their employer might have a lack of knowledge of the service and how it could benefit their organisations and applicants. Some applicants don’t know when to join and believe the employer handles the process.
To help guide applicants through this process, the DBS have:
Update Service Facts and Figures
• 72% of Registered Bodies are encouraging at least some existing staff and clients to join the Update Service
• 63% encourage all staff
• Registered Bodies in the private and education sectors are more likely to recommend the service
• 76% of subscribers are satisfied with the service
• 71% find it simple to use
• Most subscribers would renew their subscription because it makes the process simpler