Personnel Checks are pleased to announce that Disclosure Scotland have launched an online tracking facility for basic application customers.
Disclosure Scotland is a Government organisation which carries out criminal record checks throughout the UK. Personnel Checks is an approved registered body for Disclosure Scotland and currently process thousands of Basic Disclosure Checks through the organisation, every year.
Through a series of stakeholder events, Disclosure Scotland learnt that customers wanted a more effective way of seeing how well their application was advancing through the process. After listening to all suggestions they have designed and built a new Application Tracker.
Disclosure Scotland Application Tracker
Applicants are now able to check the status of their basic applications using the below link and inputting either their case reference number, application barcode or nominal details, instead of having to call Disclosure Scotland.
The tracker is still in the beta stage so Disclosure Scotland are welcoming your feedback so that they can establish what needs to be done to improve the tracker for future development. If you have any comments on the tracker, please let us know and we will pass your comments on.
What is a Basic Check?
Sometimes referred to as a Basic DBS check, a Basic Disclosure is carried out by the Government organisation ‘Disclosure Scotland’.
With the applicant’s consent, employers are able to check for any unspent convictions on an applicant’s criminal history, in order to make an informed hiring decision and prevent the hiring of unsuitable candidates around vulnerable groups.
How does an individual apply for a Basic Disclosure?
To apply for a Basic Disclosure through Personnel Checks, an individual is required to complete the application we sent to you and return it to us by post. You should also include the following copies of identification:
- 1 x proof of date of birth e.g a Passport/Driving Licence
- 1 x proof of home address e.g. utility bill/bank statement
Once we receive your completed application form it will take us approximately two to three weeks to process in accordance with the DBS average, however, Personnel Checks’ current average for paper forms is 5 days.
Employers applying for Basic Disclosures
Employers can apply for Basic Disclosures on their employees using our online system, our current average turnaround time for online applications is just 3 days.
The benefits of using our online system:
- The online system prevents applicants from making any mistakes on the application forms, which can cause delays when processing the application
- No delays waiting for post – we don’t require any documents or application forms to be posted to us
- The applicant and ID verifier can complete their application form at any time and is available anywhere with an internet connection
- Confidential data – as there are no need to post any personal data, the system is very secure and confidential
- Automatic emails sent to inform you of each stage of the process until the check is complete
- Quicker turnaround
If you would like to apply for a basic check for either yourself or your employers please visit our website or give a member of the PC team a call:
Leave a comment
- Background Checks
- Barred Lists
- Basic Disclosure Certificate
- care act
- Certificate Numbers
- chief executive
- CRB Check
- criminal record check
- DBS Adult First
- dbs application
- DBS Application Form
- DBS certificate
- dbs check
- DBS check
- DBS Checking
- dbs checks
- Disclosure & Barring Service
- Disclosure Scotland
- driving licence
- mental health
- Paternity Leave
- personnel checks
- Portable CRB Checks
- private tutor
- self employment
- Update Service